Welcome to Masters in Special Education Program Guide. Our mission is to provide high-quality, well-researched education and career resources for individuals considering a master’s in special education or a related field. According to the NEA, the number of students enrolled in special education programs has increased by 30% over the last 10 years. The demand for special education teachers is expected to continue to rise as tools for identifying disabilities in children improve. The kinds of resources and information you’ll find on this site include the following.
- Accredited degree program rankings
- Listings of accredited degree programs by state
- Articles about trends in special education
- Career resources, such as job profiles, internship listings, interviews with professionals
- Frequently-asked questions about special education degrees and careers
- Links for further information
We hope the details provided here help you as you further your career in special education.
About the Editor
Laura Kilmartin has taught elementary and junior high language arts and social sciences. She earned her Master’s in Education in Reading from Illinois State University. She enjoys traveling, photography, and spending time with family.
If you have any questions or suggestions on how we can improve, please contact us.